Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Joys of Peeing on the Potty!

It only took 3 days to get Andie completely potty trained! WooHoo. How did I accomplish this impossible feat you ask? Well, it was quite simple, I refused to let her wear a diaper! The first day there were 2 accidents and I was constantly sitting her on the toilet, by the end of the day she was begging for a diaper. I didn't cave in because I know that she wakes up dry every morning and peeing in the bed was not a concern of mine. The second day, she was getting the hang of it and would run as fast as her little legs could carry her when she felt the urge to GO. The only accidents to be had that day were right in front of the toilet and it was just a little bit. The third day was cake. She would get herself on there and occasionally ask for some help. We are officially accident free and I feel so liberated!
I still freak out when we go out in public that she is going to have an accident so I make sure and take every time we see a bathroom. When we were car shopping the other day she had a small accident but we were close enough to the bathroom to where it wasn't a huge deal. Last night we went out to dinner, as I was trying to decide what to order I looked over and Andie is standing in the middle of the restaurant with her pants down to her ankles holding herself exclaiming, "I HAVE to go potty!" My eyes widened in horror as I went right over to her, yanked her pants up, scooped her in my arms and ran her to the bathroom! I saw the entire restaurant silently cracking up and giving me and Cameron that, "I am so embarrassed for you right now but I have kids and know what it's like" kind of look. That was my true 'newly potty trained' moment!

2 comments:

Jen said...

ROFL!! oh my goodness! I bow down to your skills in motherhood!!!

Although Porter is completely 'day time' potty trained I still make sure he's wearing a pull-up before bed so that I'm not changing sheets every night at 3am. We'll get there when we get there. I'm not desperate. LOL

Proud of you girl!! You are Super mom!! oh... and we are ready when you are for our next Disney trip! :)

Kelly Simonsen said...

HILARIOUS!