Thursday, March 12, 2009

Exercise?!?

I decided a few weeks ago to run a 10k (which is 6.2 miles) at the end of May. What the crap was I thinking?!? I was doing so great for the first 3 days...then I got sick and have been for over a week. I am starting to feel better so I am trying to get back into a routine but I freakin hate to exercise. I was hoping that running would be my new found love, I had big plans of becoming obsessed. I could envision myself running out all my frustrations and dropping everything to fuel my craving of the wind in my hair and the sweat running down my face. I wanted to be the one soaking in the tub because my legs had such a great workout the day before. I am starting to wonder if I set my hopes too high this time. It is too much to ask that I be overly excited about staying fit? Why can't I be that person? I don't have disillusions that I will become a gym rat and weight 112 pounds and do nothing but workout, come on now, I have kids and I don't intend to neglect them for my own vain reasons. I just want the desire to escape my daily routine and turn to working out as opposed to hmmmm dare I say...SHOPPING! Man, that sounds like a great deal of fun, a mall run! NO! I wont give in, I am dressed and ready to go on a walk with the kids. I'll let you know how the cardio goes.

2 comments:

Lively's said...

Yeah for cardio!! I too hate it. I don't even believe when people say that they love it, and definately I don't believe when they "crave" it. Who in their right mind would ever say that! I think they just crave the attention they get for being fit! I would love to go on a "mall run" with you! Now THAT is definately in our blood!

Kelly Simonsen said...

I wish we lived closer so we could do something together! That's the hardest part!