Friday, December 5, 2008

The Tales of the Stinky Poop!

So Cameron is gone again, (shocking!) and Andie has had poop gross outs 3 times this week! The first time I was getting Brady dressed and she pooped in the tub! She decided it was too yucky to sit with so she threw it out of the tub onto the floor. I was so grossed out! We picked up the poop, flushed it down the potty, and scrubbed the tub out with "toxic" chemicals. That very same day she took her poopy diaper off, and was running around with poop bum for who knows how long before I discovered her. We found the diaper and luckily nothing fell out, I told her the next time she does it she will have her diaper duct tapped on her! This morning Andie was up before me and running around being quiet, I was so pleased that she was letting me sleep! She kept saying she had no diaper on, I asked her to bring me one...no diaper. I asked again, no diaper. Finally, she brought me one of Brady's and wanted me to put it on. I told her it wasn't going to fit and this upset her so she went to wipe the tears from her eyes and then I saw them...poopy hands! I popped out of bed and demanded to know where the diaper had been left, no answer. So I threw her in the tub and ran downstairs, there it was, sitting in the living room open in all its brown glory! Next to it was a giant spot of smeared poop! I wrapped up the diaper and went to clean her up in the tub because she was going to help clean up this nasty mess. With the shower curtain open I hosed her off (because she hates the shower) and we had some words. I reminded her that she would now have to have her diapers taped shut for a while and this devastated her. I don't think she knew what it meant but she could tell I was pissed. I grabbed her clothes, a fresh diaper, and a roll of packing tape (unfortunately I don't have duct tape, but I will!). I put the diaper on and taped it shut, this didn't bother her, in fact when I changed her again she reminded me "don't forget my big sticker!" She also told Brady "I have a sticker on my pants!"
I am sure you are asking, "it seems like she it ready to potty train, why don't you just put her on the toilet?" I do, several times a day in fact. She was doing really well for a while, I blogged about it, and now she has quit...again! It upsets me that Cameron gets to be gone for all this crap, literally, and when he's home Andie doesn't do anything that even comes close. I can't help but wonder, "Am I the only person who's child does such gross things when it comes to their diaper?" Please, do share you tales of horror with me, make me feel better!

3 comments:

Lively's said...

Lance's cousin has a little girl and she is about 3 now. She doesn't really take a nap anymore, but her mother makes her have "quiet time" everyday. One day when the little girl was in her room on her bed for quiet time she took all of her clothes off and pooped. She then proceeded to finger paint with the poop, all over the bed the walls, and the top of the tent (she has a tent bed). This totall grossed me out, until I heard your story! I almost peed my pants at the sticker part! I DO NOT envy you our your potty training extravaganza. I DO NOT look forward to the day when Peyton is to begin this horrible journey! Good luck to you, and thank you so much for making me laugh! Love, your big sister

Christina said...

Caleb just this last week had a fun pooping adventure. He still had the diaper on, but had managed to pull it to the side. I didn't notice right away and when I did... it was a disaster. I figure he pooped while we was on the middle stair. Every step on the top half had a small circle of poop where he had plopped his gross butt. I followed the trail into his room, where there was the biggest spot of all. I don't know how he managed to get so many spots. You would think he would just walk, instead of sitting down with each step. The hands were poopy, some toys in the room were poopy... It was a delight to clean up. Love, your little sister.

Rennie said...

Try putting her in a onesie or in a pajama that zips and use a safety pin or something to pin it at the top. Then at least she can't take her clothes off to get to the diaper!