Sunday, December 7, 2008

Andie's Football

Yes, my 2 year old daughter has a huge obsession with watching football! She knows that on Sunday after church there will be a good game on. She gets undressed, turns on the TV, plays with the remote until she finds a game, gets comfy on the couch, and yells at the game like she is her Daddy. Today she asked, "mom who's that?" "the Steelers" I say. "Gooooooo Steeeeewers!" as she goes wild. During a play she yells, "run. run. run." when the play is over, "that was a BIG run!" She usually is picking her toes by this point as if she is bored by the game, looks up from what she's doing, and yells, "Come on guys. Get a touchdown!" Finally when the crowd goes wild, she stands on the couch, hands over her head and yells, "TOUCHDOWN!!!"
Let me just say, I am thrilled that she and her dad share the same passion for football, but even when Cam isn't home I can't get away from it. I can't stand how long the games are, how loud the crowd is in the background, how short the plays are, how much waiting around happens while everyone gets back in position so they can play for another 3 seconds before someone has to be carried off the field because they sustained a TOE injury and might be out the rest of the season! Not only that, I can't figure the game out so that I might be able to enjoy it just a little more. I am glad that football season is almost over so that I don't have to hear about it anymore from Cameron or Andie and then it starts all over again come August. Oh joy!

No comments: