Thursday, November 20, 2008

MMM Yummy!

I have this new recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes that are so yummy and would make a great Thanksgiving breakfast. I made them last night to see if I could master it, and I did!

Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
1 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 T sugar
**Mix together in a bowl

1 egg
1 C milk
1/4 C sour cream
1/4 C pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned)
1 T melted butter
1 T vanilla
1/2 -3/4 C chopped pecans
**Mix together and slowly whisk in the dry ingredients

Spray pan, heat until water drops sizzle. You can either place 1 t of nuts on grill and spoon 1/4 C of batter over them, mix the nuts in the batter (but they sink to the bottom), or just put the chopped nuts over top of the finished pancake.

Vanilla Sauce:
1/2 C sugar
1 T corn starch
1 C water
1 t pumpkin pie spice
**Mix in a saucepan. Cook, stirring often, over medium heat until thick and bubbling. Remove from heat
2 T butter
1 T vanilla
**Stir in butter and vanilla until butter melts.

I think these would be so yummy as dessert, maybe even with ice cream on top!

2 comments:

Kelly Simonsen said...

Those sound so good! I think I am going to make them.

Lively's said...

MMM!!! Sounds divine! Too bad you won't be home for Thanksgiving! This could be your contributions!