Friday, November 21, 2008

Black Eye!

This morning.
This is this morning.
This is from last night.

My poor baby has a terrible black eye. Last night we ran to Wal-Mart to get a few items and Andie saw some wrapping paper that was of interest. I told her to leave it alone and sit down, well she put it back and as she was sitting down she lost her footing and fell out of the cart straight on her head! I picked her up to see that she just got a bump on her forehead and was so relieved that she didn't break her neck. She cried and cried, which who could blame her, and as we were walking out of the store I noticed that her right eye was a little swollen, she must have hit that too. We got home within 5 minutes and she could no longer open her eye. I tried to put some ice on it to keep it from swelling shut but that was not going to happen. We also tried just a cold rag, no way! She settled for Motrin and went to bed once we determined she didn't have a concussion. Now this morning her eye is the color of red wine. Poor thing. She is being so good and is acting like her normal self. She likes to look at herself in the mirror and try to force her eye open. So here are some pics of the damage:

2 comments:

Rennie said...

Poor little baby. Give her a kiss from "auntie rennie"...I wanna give her a squeeze. What did the doctor say?

Camber Casper said...

He said her whole face looked really swollen, more than it should, and she was complaining about the back of her head hurting. We had to go have her head x-rayed but they never called me with the results so I guess everything was fine. This is a child I am having a hard time affording!