Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dr. Appointments

Today was Andie's 2 year check up and Brady's 4 month. The kids were good for the most part. Andie didn't want to do anything until after Brady had done it, funny I thought. The kids are all around very healthy. Brady has some eczema but the Dr. said that we were doing the perfect thing with rubbing him down with petroleum jelly after his baths. He said Brady is long and skinny (woohoo, lucky him) and Andie is all around a big girl (not fat, she is very proportionate), she looks more like a 3 year old than a 2 year old (sorry sweetie). Andie speaks better than she should and has nice teeth. The tantrums (which have started up again) are going to come and go so we need to continue to ignore them and discipline when they occur. Brady has started to wake up in the middle of the night because he is growing so fast that just milk isn't keeping him full anymore, so I can start giving him baby food. They both got shots, Andie is a little behind on hers so she still gets them, poor baby. I have decided that they are worse when they can talk. I had to help hold her down and she said, "mommy hurt Andie!" She cried for a second but has complained a few times that her leggies hurts. Sorry Andie! Brady takes the shots like a champ, he cried when they were going in but stops the second they are done, what a man!

Andie's 2 year stats:
Length: 37 in. (off the charts, or well above the 97th percentile)
Weight: 31.6 lbs (90th percentile)
Head: 50 cm (just plain BIG)

Brady's 4 month stats:
Lenght: 27 in. (95th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs (60th percentile)
Head: 42.5 cm (pretty big)

Andie's potty update:
Andie no longer is a fan of wearing clothes period! She has informed me that she doesn't like to wear a diaper and wants panties. In order to prepare for her panties, she has been running around naked for a few hours every day with the promise to sit on the potty every 20 mins and try to go. We have had great success over the last 3 days with a few peed diapers and NO POOPS in the diaper! I can't tell you how wonderful this has all been for me. I hate changing her dirty diapers. Yesterday while running naked, Andie wore just her snow boots, hilarious! Of course I took pictures but opted to not post them on my blog since it is public.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I wish Adam was potty training this well! My new goal is to have him potty trained by Jan 1. But it's so hard! I still can't get him to go on the potty at all!!

Kelly Simonsen said...

Andie is one big girl!