Monday, June 28, 2010

Toy Story 3

Anyone who knows my children or has spent any amount of time with them knows that they are obsessed with Toy Story. Anything Toy Story is sacred according to them and all toy story stuffed toys must be accounted for before bed at night. Myself and Cameron also enjoy Toy Story so we don't mind the obsession, it has expanded their imaginations beyond anything I could have ever thought up. Andie was Jessie for Halloween, she also had the Toy Story theme for her 3rd birthday party. She wears Toy Story underwear (which are boys), she has a boys Toy Story shirt that is only to be worn for bedtime. They both have matching Toy Story pj's which they request to wear almost nightly. Andie doesn't go anywhere without Jessie and Woody and Brady usually brings up the rear with Buzz Lightyear in tow. We have just about every kind of toy with the Toy Story characters on it including a scooter with the matching helmet. It's actually all very ridiculous now that I put it in print!
While we were in Utah, we were able to go see Toy Story 3 with some cousins and aunts. I was really worried because the last time I attempted a movie with Andie was Madagascar and she wouldn't even walk into the theater because she didn't like the dark mixed with the loud sounds. I had to take her back to the ticket booth and get my money back with a $6 bucket of popcorn as a souvenir in hand. Brady doesn't like to sit still for any amount of time even for his favorite movie, so it was going to be a very new experience for them both.
The movie started and the familiar characters graced the screen and my kids were hooked. They shared a seat (the theater was packed) and ate popcorn until it came out of their ears. They laughed their heads off when appropriate and freaked when Buzz, Jessie, or Woody wasn't on screen.
To say they loved it would be an understatement. Cameron and I even loved it. It was every bit as good as the first two and in my opinion even better. The movie was funny, very funny. I laughed out loud! I would totally recommend it to anyone who wanted to see it no matter what your age is. They both ask all the time to go back to the movies and see Jessie and Woody again (Buzz is implied), and I am just as excited as them to add it to our movie collection.

No comments: