Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Does anyone else just LOVE Christmas time?! I am sure I am not the only one. Some people say it is full of stress because of the traveling, seeing family, gift buying, Christmas programs, parties etc. but I love all those things. I am a huge fan of shopping, and call me crazy, but I don't even mind the crowds. I find it refreshing to see the crowds of people out shopping, I like to think that they too, still value the holidays with their families. During a time when everyone is so divided it seems that the holidays are something most still agree on.
The decorations! Oh, the decorations, they are the best. To see beautiful, tasteful decorations brings me such joy! It's nice to see that Christmas is still pure, meaning it hasn't been all sexed up like some holidays (ahem, *cough* Halloween). I love Christmas music more than any other kind of music. If you noticed, I even put up a Christmas playlist. One of our family's favorite things to do is to get the kids ready for bed, put them in the car and drive around to see the decorated houses. Last year Andie would exclaim, "Wow! Looks like a birthday cake!"
I have had a hard time here in San Diego trying to get into the Christmas spirit. I blame it on the lack of seasons. Coming from a white Christmas last year in Utah, to a sunny, warm one here, it's been difficult. Yesterday it was pouring rain all day AND it was cold, that was just what I needed to get me full of the Christmas spirit. I hope you are full of the spirit this holiday season and amid the stress and chaos you are remembering the true meaning of Christmas in your home.
From San Diego to where ever you may be, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Jon and Mindy Niu said...

Amber dearest! It's good to hear from you. Oh how great it is to have blogs and facebook, it's really the only way I have time to keep in touch ;) Did you move to San Diego? I wanted to have you guys over for dinner in Mapleton. Love you and miss you!

Camber Casper said...

We would have loved to go to dinner. I think we missed eachother by a few weeks. We have lots of family in springville and mapleton and should be visiting in a few months. I will let you know when we are back so we can get together!