Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Haircut Saga

Did you hear, Andie decided to CUT HER HAIR, when I was OUT OF TOWN, because it was GETTING IN HER EYES!
I was in San Francisco with my sisters + having a great time and Daddy stayed home and took care of the kids (more on this later). Cameron made it almost 5 whole days accident free, almost. The night before I was to return home Cameron called me laughing, "you are never going to believe what Andie just did." I was standing there thinking, "oh how bad can it be?" A minute later I would come to regret that thought. Cameron continued, "she cut her hair!" "Shut up," I said. "You are totally joking right? Tell me you are joking." "Nope, get on Skype and take a look for yourself." OMG! It was so bad!
Cameron gave me a run down on what happened: "Andie was in our bathroom using it. She was in there a while (which, for certain 'chores' she tends to take her time). She came out of the bathroom, dressed as a boy and with a Mr. Potatohead mustache on her face, bowed down saying 'you may call me Sir.' I stared at her thinking she parted her hair weird and it took me a sec to realize she cut it. I started dying with laughter and finally said, your mom is gonna kill you!"
While on Skype the first thing I said to her was, "Andie, what were you thinking?!?" to which she replied through tears, "that it will grow back." Thank goodness we were going to see her tomorrow and Whitney can cut hair! Just by looking at it I knew immediately it was going to become a very short pixie.
It's been 9 days and I am starting to get the hang of styling this short of hair. It is still very short up front which makes it harder. Of course, Andie loves the new cut, she said it's because she doesn't get tangles. But she doesn't like when strangers refer to her as a boy (this did happen at Costco, a man said, "two boys?" "Nope, a boy and a girl who cut her own hair" I said back) or when it comes time to get her hair done, because we have to blow dry it, her least favorite thing. Every time she gets upset about one of these things I always remind her that that's what happens when you cut your own hair.

 
 The damage
 Once it came time for the real cut, I explained to her that she would have Peter Pan hair...she wasn't thrilled with that reality.
 The after
 Another after. We had to cut a little more after this picture to blend it on the sides.
After Mommy styled it a few days later. I am getting a little better.

Like Andie said, it will grow back...eventually!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

oh my gosh!!! What a story! Poor kid. That's a rough lesson to learn. My older sister did that to me when I was young. My mom should have cut her haird for payback. You've styled it cute though! It's a fun summer look. :)